Sunday, September 12, 2010

Squashing!

I planned a nice dinner with a few friends, but ALAS none could make it. No matter, I don't need an excuse to cook or eat wonderful food :)

This dish was inspired by Bobby Flay's Butternut Squash ravioli, but of course, I did not follow the recipe exactly. I am no sheep! With my budget, the hazelnuts had to go, and I added plenty of cheese (can never have too much!) and herbs that I thought would fit. The brown butter sauce, even though it sounded delicious, had to go as well. I just can't bring myself to put two whole sticks of butter in a pan. FAT!

Making ravioli at home was a lot more work than I anticipated! After making the filling, I had to wrap each ravioli individually gahhhh


Eventually, I had a giant pile of yummy ravioli- dropped 'em in boiling water and then sauteed for a little crunch on the outside. Topped with some parm' and a couple of sage leaves for fun, and violà!



5 comments:

  1. Loved it! You can also put the left index finger in the middle of the bottom of the triangle and with your right put together the corner and voala you have capeletis :0)
    Beautiful photos again

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tenía ni idea que mi hermana era una gran chef. ADEMAS una espléndida fotógrafa! Muy bien che...

    Why not ever cook like that for me at home eh??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me know when you want to cook for me. looks delicious. :))

    ReplyDelete