Monday, October 3, 2011

Casa del Vino

This post, unfortunately, will not involve any of my cooking. Instead, I wanted to share one of my photo projects that I worked on while in Florence, about Casa del Vino. If you speak any Spanish, Italian, French, etc, you'd probably guess that this was a wine bar of some sort. Actually, this was a little hole-in-the-wall shop that I frequented for lunch. Yes, they had a very nice selection of Italian wines, but they also made yummy sandwiches and snacks (this is where I first tried tripe! yes, cow stomach).

Still, I don't think that's the reason this place became packed everyday around 1. The warm atmosphere kept people coming, usually regulars who knew the owners by name. In fact, even I got to know the owner and his wife, Nicoletta, after a few glasses of wine. If anyone ever goes to Florence, I highly recommend this friendly place if you're searching for a true, local, Italian experience!



Tripe Sandwich

One of the regulars. I think he was suspicious.


The owner



Nicoletta

Regular



2 comments: