Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Alphabet Dinners

So I figured I'd let you in on my food traditions that have been going on this semester... For the past few months, my friends and I have been gathering every Sunday (well almost every Sunday) for our "traditional" alphabet dinners. A very simple, yet extremely fun idea!! Basically, we choose a letter of the alphabet (we've been going in order), and everything we eat must start with that letter! Some, like the letters I and K, were a bit more challenging- but it just drives us to be more creative!

I've been behaving like a bad blogger and haven't been taking pictures (my camera has been in hiding), but my good friend Mel has been kind enough to document our fun adventures :)

This past Sunday, we were eating the letter L (much easier than K), so everyone went all out for yummy treats!! I set up by backyard with beautiful twinkling lights, a fire was roaring in the firepit, and lemon-lime (white) sangria was flowing!!

K Dinner: Kababs on the fire, a nice candlelit dinner in my backyard, complete with dessert kababs!
Kale Salad





L Dinner:
My lemon-basil chicken salad 
Lemon-Garlic lettuce salad :)

White sangria made with Lucky Duck wine!


Hmmmm a-la-mode Lava cakes with "late night snack" 

Limoncello to finish!

ANNDDD thank you to my friend Mel for taking these pictures!  I'll step it up for the next one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment